Monday, November 19, 2012

The LLamas are back

Now I imagine we have folks on both sides of the fence here, some who are not so happy there are llamas hanging out in Pawnee Hills and some who don't really mind.  I don't mind at all.  I have heard them called alpacas but folks I assure you they are not alpacas, they are their larger cousins the llama.  Search google to see the differences not only in size but in appearance as well.

Back in the summer I recall speaking to a gentlemen who suggested the llamas were here to graze because the drought had been tough on their owners land and they needed a bit more feed for them.  So a friend was helping out by allowing them to graze here in Pawnee hills.  Now I am well aware it is against the covenants here, but sometimes in life we have to look at the greater good and that's what I see out of this story.  Now you can argue the same case for visiting cows, donkeys, giraffes and elephants and this would be a different conversation.  I just don't see the llamas disturbing the land or neighbors.  Kind of like chickens, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment