Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day is here...finally.

Yes, I voted today.  That's what we told the lady who called this morning to remind us.  I am thankful the phone is silent for the time being and I look forward to the days ahead when the political ads stop, the calls stop and the signs come down.  Now I am all for voting and electing our government officials and I have exercised my right to vote since I was 18 years old, but I now I look forward to the day when all the madness stops.  I used to look forward to Election Day because it was the day I could go into the voting booth and cast my vote.  Now with mail in ballots and early voting there is no need.  Please, just count the votes and let them get to work.  Next year, please lose my phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment